Arrival: Check in is from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm at the camp pavilion
Departure: Parents are invited to join us for a parents program at 6:00 pm on the last evening of camp. Campers will be dismissed at 6:15 pm.
Camp Store and Coffee Shop: Our store carries a selection of camp clothing, mementos, snacks, and drinks. These items will be available for purchase throughout the week. Money can be deposited either during online signing up or at Sunday arrival check in. Campers will be refunded their money at the last meal. Any money remaining in the camper's store account under $1.00 will be a camp donation. Many campers typically spend $30 a week.
Lost & Found: Items not claimed within 10 days will be disposed of or donated.
Camp Nurse & Medications: A registered nurse will be on duty at all times during the camp week. Special instructions will be given at check in for those taking medications. Each camper will need permission (if you want them to take these meds) to take certain over the counter (otc) medications as distributed by the camp nurse. This form is online when you are registering. If a camper takes prescription medicine or other medications, the parents or guardian will also need complete a medical form. These are also available online or at Sunday check in.
Medical Checks:For the protection of campers, we are unable to retain campers with contagious conditions such as chicken pox or head lice. All campers need to be checked for lice prior to camp arrival, and only those who are "nit-free" will be allowed to stay.
Bug Spray:Please send along bug and tick spray with your camper. We encourage campers to apply whenever they can!
Cabin Mate & Cabin Assignment Policy: Campers are assigned to cabins by age group.
We can guarantee one cabin mate as long as it is mutually requested between campers. Each camper may use his or her registration form to request up to 2 names as possible cabin mates. You may only request up to 2 cabin mates. Cabin mate requests must be mutual and be within 2 years of age in order to guarantee your request.
We cannot guarantee your request if you select more than 2 cabin mates, nor can we guarantee requests if those you select do not select you or are linked to create a group of more than a total of 3 roommates. If a group of three friends attends together, we are able to accommodate them together in one cabin (provided they are close in age), however groups of four or more cannot be accommodated and will be broken into smaller pairings.
Our philosophy behind this policy is that we want every camper to have a fun and life-changing week at camp. At Camp K, we want to encourage kids to make new friends and develop their social skills. We also want every camper to have a fun week at camp by spending their week with a friend and making new ones. This makes camp fun for everyone. We do everything we can to make a cabin full of different children become friends through a family atmosphere while not encouraging cliques and exclusiveness.
Special Dietary Needs Those with a special dietary need should bring their own necessary supplements that can be prepared in a microwave. Please call if you have questions about your camper's special dietary requirements.
Late arrival & Early Departures Campers are expected to stay the entire camp week except for sickness or an emergency at home. Please let the camp office know as soon as possible if your camper needs a special arrangement.
1. Can my camper arrive late or leave early? (He really need to be at this baseball game!!) We highly recommend arriving at camp on time and staying to the very end as you get the complete and full camp experience by doing this. We evaluate each situation individually so please contact the Registrar to talk over details.
2. My camper has an allergy to gluten? (She cannot even look at a hamburger bun!!) We can send you the menu for the week of camp so you can send along gluten-free supplements for meals where there would be gluten. Your camper can keep their food in a special place in the camp fridge.
3. What do you mean by one-piece swimsuit for girls? We are striving for modest swimwear. Please no two-piece swimsuits; however, a modest tankini is just fine.
4. What! NO LEGGINGS!?? We encourage modest apparel for our girl campers. Please leave the leggings and spandex at home. You will have just as much fun in gym shorts. :)
5. What if my child is going into 7th grade in the fall? If you child just graduated from 6th grade and is going into 7th grade in the next school year, then your child can go to either junior camp or teen camp. We make exceptions for this transitional year, and we trust that you know your child best!